Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bootcamp

I've been going to the gym fairly regularly for the last six months.  My workouts (treadmill for 30, stretching and abs for 15) are getting a little stale, but I've seen results so whatever.  Well, today I decided to try out the gym's "bootcamp" group exercise, since my workouts are getting a little stale and all.  I thought that after six months of fairly regular exercise, I was in pretty good shape.  I'm not.

But here I am, a bootcamp survivor.  I was not the slowest in the group.  I did not cheat anymore than anyone else in the group.  I was just as hot, sweaty and red in the face as everyone else.  I survived and you know what?  It wasn't not fun! 

When the trainer sitting at the desk asked me how the workout was, I legit smiled and said "Not bad!"  And when he asked if I'd do it again, I legit smiles and said "Probably!"  Am I going to join the group for tomorrow's bootcamp?  Not likely.  I'll hop on my treadmill and be happy for the a/c.  But next Thursday?  I think I'll try it again!  <--- I'm legit smiling right now!