Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Motive

"C'mon Laura!  Let's take Riesling for a walk!"
Um, ok.  Nate just took Laura and Ries for a walk, and didn't even invite me.  What gives?  What if I wanted to take a walk too?  Well, fine.  If they're going to take a walk, I'm going to sit on the porch and read!  So there!  I can have fun too!

Read, read-ily, read-y, read.

Hmm, maybe Nate just wanted some father-daughter time.  It is pretty nice out.  But I still don't get why he didn't even ask if I might be interested.

Read, read-ily, read-y, read.

Aw, I bet Nate is so sweet, he just wanted to give me some quiet time to myself!  That's so thoughtful of him!  Wait, he's not often thoughtful like that.  Weird.  But I am loving this reading time on the porch!

Read, read-ily, read-y, read.

Oh, look!  I see Laura walking back towards the house!  What is that in her hand?  Why is it orange?  Why does she keep putting that orange thing in her mouth?
Yup. Flintstones Push-Pop.
And all of a sudden, Nate's motive for a walk (without Mommy) became perfectly clear: ice cream.  Oh crap, I need to start soaking that white dress in hopes of getting the orange sherbet out!