Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Concentration

The Man is expecting me to concentrate on my work while I am at work today.  Nonsense.  How can The Man expect me to concentrate when my niece was just born!!!!!!!  I have far more important things to think about than work!

I'm an auntie!!!!!!!!

This is old hat for my brothers and sister, who have each been an aunt or an uncle for nearly 20 months now.  But somehow, I got left out of that club when Laura was born.  Being the mother and all.  But now!  I get to the join the club! 

My older brother's daughter was born this morning, just as I was reaching to hit the snooze button on my alarm clock. They did not know if they were having a boy or a girl, and the baby was ten days past her due date.  The suspense has been killing me.

So if you are expecting any level of concentration from me today?  Forget it.  I am way to excited about being an auntie to pay attention to anything else!