Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Heart NYC

I spent the weekend in NYC.  Not because of the memorials and ceremonies going on.  I was in NYC despite all the memorials and ceremonies!  I fought rumored tunnel and bridge closings (through shocking non-existent traffic) to be in New York for one of my best good friends, getting married a year from now.

I'm not sure I've ever been more excited to be in a wedding.  Well, other than my own.  I was damn excited to be in that one!  I loved being included as a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding.  Again this May for my husband's sister.  I have had fun being a bridesmaid for other friends... but not as much as this wedding!  Maybe it's because I have never felt more included. 

I spent the weekend in NYC with three fellow bridesmaids: one I've enjoyed as an acquaintance, one I've loved since college, and one I've known since birth.  We were celebrating our dear friend, the bride to be.  This weekend, New York City was the best place on earth to be.