Thursday, September 15, 2011

I'm having one of those days where I just don't want to do any of my work.  I'm looking for anything and everything I can do to avoid my usual files.  It's so bad, I pulled out a project that I volunteered to work on two years ago: an update to the procedure manual.  That's right.  I'm procrastinating so badly, I pulled out a project I've procrastinated starting for two years.

I've spent all morning reorganizing, copying, pasting, rewriting... I've hardly made a dent.  Partly because this thing hasn't been updated in nearly fifteen years.  Which is really bad: we do hardly anything the same way anymore!  It's going to take some time to get this thing right... but at least it's not my usual files.  At least it's something different.  Right?

I would so much rather be home in my jammies right now.  Is it Friday yet?