Friday, October 28, 2011

This is For Real

Yesterday was a big day.  This whole "second baby" thing became pretty darn real.  Seriously.

For starters, we got to see #2 again.  Someone was very wiggly, making it difficult for the doctor to get a good measurement.  But someone is also growing right on track, measuring exactly 10 weeks.  Seeing the blob as a little wiggling, limb-flailing thing was pretty great.  Even if the ultrasound picture hardly shows a thing.  I had the 10 week blood draws and was sent on my way to muddle through the (hopefully) last few weeks of nausea before I start feeling like a human again.  I'll be back for my next weigh-in check-up the Monday following Turkey Day.  I have a lot to be thankful for this year.

I spent the rest of the day at work, trying not to puke.  But while working through the motion sickness that is sitting at my desk, I did make an appointment through Craig's List to check out a double stroller last night.  Which I bought.

I bought a freaking double stroller.  It doesn't get much more real than that.  I will have two babies under the age of three, vying for the preferred seating in the Sit & Stand Double stroller I just bought. 

Let's also note that this is the first time I have ever bought anything on Craig's List.  And having been through the jury selection process (not chosen, thank heavens) for the Craig's List Killer, I was more than a little nervous about meeting a stranger in a parking lot at dusk during a rain storm.  I am happy to say that Nate came through, met me there, and froze in the rain with me while we checked out Laura's sweet new ride.

We are going to have two children.  In less than a year, I'll be pushing my two children in a stroller.  This is for real.