Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 Resolutions

Alright, I'm a few days late to the game.  It's January 5th, and I'm just posting my resolutions.  But if the Wise Men can take 12 days to finally get to Bethlehem, I can take 5 to post a few lines about the coming year! 

Let's take a look back at my 2011 Resolutions for starters.  I posted three adjectives, rather than list a whole bunch of specifics.  They were encompassing and empowering.  I managed at least one of them over the past year: SEXY.  Yup.  I went to the gym more often than I skipped it.  I tried a new hair style that I love (er, I'm growing out a few years of short bobs).  I bought some new, really cute outfits that made me feel womanly awesome.  I enjoyed some relations with my hot hubby... which led to a fling during Hurricane Irene... which led to my present expectant mother status.  Not bad!

The other two adjectives?  Confident and frugal?  Well, I flirted with confidence on and off all year.  He was just not that into me.  I'll keep trying, because persistence has to pay off someday.  And I hardly think I was frugal by any means.  I was better about grocery shopping with a plan.  But... I was also back to my old internet binge shopping ways.  Oh well!

Ok, 2011 wrap-up complete.  What is it that I want for this coming year??  Well, I've been thinking about it for the last 6 days or so.  My goals are a little more specific this year than they were last.  Because I have some really specific events coming up.

  1. Survive.  I want to survive the terrible twos.  Survive potty training.  Survive a move to a big girl bed.  Survive the remaining +/- 20 weeks of this pregnancy.  Survive labor and delivery (preferably with a healthy delivery than before!).Survive the first 6 weeks with a newborn.  Survive two babies sharing a bedroom.  Survive grocery shopping with two babies.   Survive international travel with two babies.  Survive going back to work...  Survive...

  2. Travel.  This one sort of comes with the territory of 2012.  We have three weddings this summer and fall: Seattle, Connecticut and Tennessee.  We plan to attend all three.  Especially since I'm in one of them!  In addition to that, we'll be going to one of two international locales in October for Nate's work conference.  I'm aiming for the Bahamas (the higher level based on sales), so if anyone is looking for some Financial Advising, let me know! 

  3. Sexy.  I'm keeping this one from last year.  Because it was an awesome goal to strive for!  I liked working on my body and soul to feel sexy!  I want to keep going to the gym (so far, so good this year).  I want to be a HOT pregnant woman.  I want to be a HOT mommy to two.  And there is nothing wrong, ever, with wanting to feel sexy!


So there you have it.  My 2012 resolutions all laid out and set in stone.  Let's see how well I do.