Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's BA-ACK!

Remember my beloved blue velour sweatsuit?  The one I wore as often as humanly possible last pregnancy?  Guess who's wearing it at work today!!

I know that 22 weeks (today) seems a bit early in the pregnancy to go full out velour sweatsuit.  Here's the thing: I didn't mean to wear this today.  I meant to wear it to the gym, strip down to my running shorts and t-shirt, do my workout, then hop in the shower and put on some real clothes.

But then the 6:30 am train didn't get into the station till 7:55.  Forty minutes late, for those of you counting.  Forty minutes is the entirety of my workout.  So I skipped it.  I also skipped the shower.  And the real clothes.

I seriously debated for a long time the merits of the shower vs. the blue velour sweatsuit.  No, really!  I love a good shower in the morning.  I happen to really like the showers at the gym (great water pressure!).  But I also really like wearing the comfy, cozy blue velour sweatsuit.  The sweatsuit won.

Maybe later, I'll get up the energy to go to the  gym for a shower.  Maybe I'll even go for a 15 minute walk on the treadmill while I'm there.  Maybe.  Or maybe I'll just stay in my sweatsuit and sneakers all day.  Because, man am I comfy.