Monday, January 9, 2012

Halfway!

A few days late, since I'll be 21 weeks on Thursday... but since my regularly scheduled posting was so rudely interrupted by mice what can you do.



So here I am, last week, at the gym, at 19 weeks, 5 days (so practically 20 weeks).  Let's get all technical here.  My thoughts on how I'm feeling are all sorts of scattered, so I'm going to revert to the little survey I filled out so dutifully with my first pregnancy.
Total weight gain/loss: It's been a while since I checked, but as of Christmas day, I was only up 4 pounds.  So maybe +6?

Maternity clothes? Without a doubt. I can still wear a few of my longer shirts, but I've officially switched out my closet.

Sleep: Much better without the effing mice gnawing and nibbling all around me!  The story I told about last Thursday and sleeping on the couch? Apparently was even worse than I knew.  Shudder...

Best moment this week: Sleeping without mice.  And going through Laura's infant clothes to pull out the "neutral" outfits.  So many adorable duckies!  Can't wait to see certain outfits on Gavin this summer.  So tiny!

Movement: Lots.  Especially when I eat something he likes.  Nate even got to feel a few little kicks the other night!

Food cravings: I crave nothing. I have little appetite, though I'm often hungry. Kid seems to like ham, though I wouldn't call it a craving.  More like... I don't have an aversion to it like I do most foods.

Gender: Boy! Until I hear otherwise from a better, more thorough U/S, BOY!

Labor signs: I am already having very regular Braxton Hicks.  All on the right side, so no real contractions, but it's pretty uncomfortable.

What I’m looking forward to this week: A visit from my BFF on Saturday!  She's coming down for something work-related, but I get her to myself Saturday night!  We have big plans for jammies and wedding veils...

What I miss: I miss sleeping through the night without waking up to pee.  I miss peeing without it hurting, thank you chronic infection.  I miss having... relations with my husband without it hurting and taking days to recover, thank you chronic infection.  I miss wearing pants that stay up without constantly pulling them.  I miss not being a total bitch to everyone... I even have bitch face.  It's not cool.

Weekly wisdom: I spent a lot of this week talking very openly and honestly with Nate about how I'm feeling.  I feel pretty awful most of the time, between the mice and the chronic infection both wreaking havoc on my nerves.  I'm a disaster.  I can't stop crying... but at least now Nate knows why I'm crying... er, at least he can guess.

Milestones: Halfway!  Only another 4 1/2 months to go!  Wow, that still sounds like a lot... Yikes.  Let's hope the estrogen cream, probiotics, and antibiotics prescribed with a refill option start to do some good.