Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cheering Myself Up



Sorry for the doom and gloom post from yesterday.  Things are just... harder? different? this pregnancy.  I'm not handling it all that well, and I'm a bit mired in a bad place.  So let's change that.  Here are a few things that have made me happy in the past few days:

Hilarious conversations with Laura about "fends" at school, painting with toes (that tickles!), and the tastiness of "foop woops." (see glossary below)

Watching Laura parade around the house with her stroller filled with animals and babies, the handles covered in purses, and a "pack pack" on her back.



[caption id="attachment_936" align="alignnone" width="224" caption="Pictured (LtoR): Laura, Catty, Fluffy Puppy, Baby, Baby, Baa, and Baa's Backie"][/caption]

Laughing at the fact that I bought Laura the mouse Skip Hop "pack pack" and matching "wunch puhse" way back in October, when I was first thinking about Christmas presents, before I knew of our little mouse situation.
How is she big enough for a pack pack??
Feeling lots of flutters, rolls and kicks from my littlest buddy, Gavin.  He's getting bigger - I can tell by the widening perimeter of his movements!  He still gets very excited for ham.  And sugar.


Arrested Development.  We are re-watching all of the silliness unfold through Netflix Instant.  Even on my worst days, that show never fails to bring a smile to my face.  I laughed so hard the other day, I had to run with tears streaming down my face to the bathroom before I wet my pants.

 

Having my little sous chef in the kitchen with me.  Check out my (finally updated) cooking blog for some cute pictures of Laura "hepping" me bake!

 

Reading and hearing from all of you.  I get so excited when I see a new comment in my inbox.  I love hearing what you have to say.  I love visiting your blogs, and learning more about who you are.  Please, please keep writing!  I love you!

 

Glossary of Toddler Phrases:

Fends - friends

Foop woops - fruit loops

Pack pack - back pack (or napsack, whatever other people call it!)

Backie - any blankie, but Baa has his own particular blankie that he can't sleep without.  I can't make this up.

Wunch puhse - lunch bag (all bags are purses)