Monday, February 22, 2010

What a pain

in the boob!

I have a plugged milk duct.  It's awful, and I hope none of you other moms, moms-to-be, or way-in-the-future moms-to-be ever experience this.  Yowch!

Friday afternoon, I started to feel a little sore on the left side of my left boob.  I didn't think too much, since it was in a spot where I stabilize it while Lulu eats.  But by bedtime, it was so sore I could barely move my arm.  Lifting anything was awful. 

It only got worse on Saturday.  I started feeling achey and awful, and Lulu was having trouble getting anything to come out.  I tried heat, a hot shower, massaging the hurt area, Tylenol and ibuprofen, even a nap.  I pretty much felt awful all day, and was starting to worry about mastitis - an infection from the blockage.  Lulu was also miserable.  She wanted to eat constantly - but wasn't getting anything when she tried.  No fun!

Thankfully, I felt much better yesterday so I am not as worried about infection at this point.  I can still feel the blockage, but milk is getting through.  Thank you heating pads and Lulu's strong sucking!  But really, this just sucks.