Friday, September 24, 2010

Ouchy

Well, I got my bloggy feelings hurt for the first time.  It was bound to happen; I've been blogging for like a year and a half at this point! 

I heard about Pearistas over at Pretty Swell.  I love writing letters, and am more intimately devoted to letters and the post than you could ever imagine.  Like for serious.  My job is all about it.  And I love it.  So, I thought, wouldn't I be a great fit?  I love writing letters.  I'm completely obsessed with stationary.  Good fit!  Wrong.  I received this email the other day:

Thank you for your interest in becoming a Pearista. I looked at your blog and really like the content and design, but we are looking for people within a bigger blogging community.

My heart literally sank.  I mean, the free stationary for participating would have been lovely - and I would have used it too!  More than anything else, I wanted to share my love for the written letter with you, my digital friends.  And I'm sorry that you, my loyal readers, are not considered a large enough blogging community. 

Disapointed?  Yes.  Will I think twice about purchasing stationary from Pear Tree Greetings?  I need some time to recover.  Will I stop sending letters?  NEVER!!  Write on!