Friday, July 8, 2011

Flashback Friday: Little Chef

My parents started me helping in the kitchen at a very young age.  I remember sitting on the kitchen floor with a very important job: poking holes in the baked potatoes before they went in the oven.  A crucial step towards baking the perfect potato.  I also remember learning to make "Mexican Grilled Cheese" at a point in my life when my mother was too burnt out to cook me one.more.grilled.freaking.cheese since that's all I would eat.  (Mexican Grilled Cheese, btw, is just some shredded cheddar on a tortilla and microwaved).

Perhaps my proudest childhood cooking achievement was my Deviled Egg Chickens.
We found this recipe in a children's cookbook that I can't put my finger on right now.  These chickens are both adorable and delicious - I still make them for parties!  I've added the recipe to Mrs. MidAtlantic Cooks for your eating enjoyment.  And now I can't wait to get Laura started in the kitchen, too!

Idea for Flashback Friday stolen borrowed from The Heir to Blair!