Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pinterest

I know I'm not the first person to blog about Pinterest, nor will I be the last.  However, you won't see me on Pinterest.  Me, meaning Mrs. MidAtlantic.  Because I am certainly pinning away.

A few months ago, I started to have an identity crisis.  Am I the blogger who calls herself Mrs. MidAtlantic, or am I a real person with a real family.  My family and friends don't know about the blog (with a very few exceptions).  My blog readers don't know who I am.  I have two (actually four, with the recipes) blogs under two emails.  I have two facebook accounts.  Only one of me twitters, and that with great infrequency.  With two identities, sometimes I confuse myself as to who I truly am.

So when I scored an invite to Pinterest, I signed up using my real name.  I talk about pinning with my mom and sister-in-law, whose boards I follow.  When I pin something, my IRL friends see it on FB.  It's refreshing for me to have something real that I can share outside of the internet.  It's fun for me to pin a cute baby toy or Christmas ornament, and show it to my mom.  It's fun - and completely neccessary - for me to realize that I exist outside of a nom de plume.

I love being Mrs. MidAtlantic.  But I also love being me.  So I might check out one or two of your pins, as you choose to post them through the magic that is the internet.  But you won't see mine.  Not here, at least!