Thursday, May 20, 2010

Doctors Galore

The good news:
My eyes are in great health, and Laura is in the 50th percentile across the board, at 13 pounds, 10 oz and 24" long!

The bed news:
Laura has been a trooper all day, but those shots finally caught up with her. She is passed out in her crib.

My doctor definitely thinks I have PPD, and has put me on Zoloft. She gave me the names of a few counselors to call. I guess I'll find time to squeeze counseling into life... I mean, I have to. I'm just feeling a *little* overwhelmed by work, school, and strict day care pick-up times.

But then again, all of that stuff is why I need to talk to someone. So I'll make the call. Hopefully, I can find someone near work, and I can schedule sessions during lunch. I'll start the Zoloft tomorrow (in case I have a bad reaction, I'll have the weekend to collect myself), and will let you know how that goes!

PS - I almost chickened out and didn't go... the list I've been keeping really helped!