Friday, May 14, 2010

Off to a good start!

And I mean that in all seriousness. I have had a really good morning so far. Minus one run-in with a very bloody, very dead bird at the train station that had me hyperventilating. Saying that I don't do well with dead things is putting it lightly...

But other than the bird, here's why I love today so far!
  • Laura and I had a very successful breakfast today. She ate really well for a solid 10 minutes. Which might not sound like much to some of you BF'ers out there, but is huge for me. We've had trouble, um, connecting.
  • I got some big smiles from Laura before I left. They were smiles just for me!
  • I love my outfit! I feel thin in this outfit, and the colors are very flattering. I need to dress so confidently more often. I think my life would be a lot better. Note to self...
  • Laura loved my outfit too, and was mesmerized by the pattern on my sweater. Very cute.
  • I actually recognized Laura being cute! I wasn't just ticked off with life and ignoring her!
  • When I noticed that the dogs (we have my MIL's little sheltie with us) had strewn garbage all over the kitchen, I just yelped up to Hubby and he came down immediately to clean it up. No harping on my part, and no delaying on his.
  • My best commuter friend not only made the train this morning, he also brought Chick-Fil-A breakfast! Win!
  • My parents are coming tonight!
  • To celebrate my graduation from grad school tomorrow!
  • And most of all, IT'S FRIDAY!!!!

Looking over this list, I have a lot in my life to be happy about every day. I just hope I can actually be happy about them more and more often.