Sunday, May 16, 2010

What's Up Doc?

Welp, when I got home from work Friday, Laura's runny nose had gotten so bad, it had backed up into her eyes. Her right eye was all oozy and swollen - she looked like she'd been in a fight! We made an appointment to see the pediatrician Saturday morning.

Laura was such a little flirt with the (very young) doctor! She was cooing and giggling - to hear her, you wouldn't have had a clue that she had such a bad sinus infection! After just one day of amoxicillin and medicated eye drops, Laura is a whole new baby.

And even yesterday, her eyes all goopy and gross, Laura was so well-behaved. She watched her mommy graduate with a Masters Degree - and was even invited into my department's group picture of all the graduates! After all, she did participate in four of my classes! Years from now, she'll be spouting out information on Early US Culture, as proof that babies really can hear in the womb.

Hubby, my parents and my sister took me out for a really fun dinner after the graduation ceremony. Crepes and wine! Laura is getting much better about drinking her formula, so formula it was yesterday.

As a sidenote, I went 12 hours without feeding her yesterday, and didn't feel a thing. I think my body is weaning itself. I'm so over it. I'll feed her when I can, and pop a bottle in her mouth when I can't. It's not worth worrying about anymore.