Sunday, December 12, 2010

Egg Nog and Shit

Shit guys.  I think I swear too much.  I never thought I had that bad a potty mouth, until yesterday.  When I was having a tantrum (with lots of swearing) and Nate looked at me and said, "Why are you being such a B-I-T-C-H today?"

He literally spelled it out.  I was being a bitch and he spelled the word out.  Y'know, because he didn't want to swear in front of the baby.  As I had been doing for almost an hour.  That's when I realized that I swear a lot.  And I often swear in front of Laura.  Because she doesn't know what it means, right?  Except that she's increasingly aware of the meaning of words and is this close to a real first word of her own. 

I need to stop swearing.  Out loud, at least.

In other news, I came up with the most delicious and yummy thing ever this weekend!  Egg nog hot chocolate!  I have always loved egg nog, but have trouble drinking more than a small glass at a time - it's just so thick!  Saturday, I was reaching for the jug of milk to add a splash to my hot chocolate.  Then I saw the little carton of egg nog staring up at me.  It was like a host of herald angels appeared in my fridge.  I poured a healthy splash into my hot chocolate, swirled, and took a sip.

The host of herald angels broke into song above me.  It was that good.  I have made three more mugs of it over the past two days.