Monday, December 13, 2010

I had a moment this morning

I'd call it a Senior Moment if I were over the age of 30 (I'm 28).  I'd call it a Blonde Moment if I were blonde (I'm brunette) and if I weren't worried about offending readers (I'm not, but whatever).  So we'll just call it a moment.  I had a moment this morning.

I could not for the life of me figure out why the sound wasn't working on the computer.  The speakers were plugged in to a power source, turned in, and attached to the computer in the correct place.  The volume was turned way up.  But there was no sound.

I tried a different set of speakers, because clearly the first set were broken.  Nothing.

Then I started thinking that maybe the video I was watching just didn't have sound.  I even checked the little volume button on the video player.  Nothing.  So I went over to Pandora to play some music.  The music was playing, but I couldn't hear it.

And that's when I saw the little speaker icon in the bottom right corner of my desktop screen.  With a bright red X through it.