Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pink Eye... Again...

I'm cranky.  Not because I can't wear contacts for another few days, although that's frustrating.  Not because I can't wear make-up for another few days, although that stinks since I'm throwing a huge holiday party in three days.  Not because I can't touch my face, although I'm a face toucher, so that is a challenge for me.

I'm cranky because my eye really hurts.  I feel like I got punched in my eye.  My eyelid is so swollen, I can barely see through my eye.  It stings every time I blink.  And it stings even worse when I don't blink.  And my eye is so itchy, made worse because I can't scratch it.  Cold compresses my ass.  This sucks.  Again.

And to make it worse?  Laura's cold took a turn.  I took the day off yesterday to take her to the doctor, who put her on amoxicillan and sent her back to school today.  I had to leave early from work today because of my eye.  And halfway to my doctor's appointment, school called to say Laura had a very high fever and needed to be picked up.  So now Laura and I are both feeling like crap, and I'll miss another full day of work tomorrow. 

I'm cranky because it sucks to feel so crappy during the holidays.