Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday

I was hoping to participate in the Red Writing Club prompt this week.  I have had so much fun with the few I have done, and have gotten such great response!  But I'm just not feeling very creative today.  I feel as though my body is sitting here at work, but my soul is still asleep in bed.  I wish my body were still asleep in bed too.

For some reason, I just never woke up this morning.  In case you are curious, the Red Writing Hood prompt for today was to write about a first love.  I was going to do something creative while writing about Bear, my teddy bear.  To this day, I still truly love Bear.  He lives on the bureau in my childhood bedroom at my parent's house, since he was too fragile to take to college.  Everytime I go home, I walk into my room and give Bear a special little squeeze, and then bring him up to my face where I take in his scent.  I've never smelled anything so calming as Bear.  It must be all those years of drooling on him in the night, but there is nothing else like Bear.  My first friend.  My first love.

Look at that.  I got a post out after all.

Edited to add: OH. MY. GOD.  I just finished typing this post and went over to Red Dress Club to add it to the queue, and saw a little thumbnail of Bear's polar bear twin staring up at me.  Snap, Crackle, Pop wrote the same post about the same bear (except mine was brown.  back when he still had fur).  I swear I had been planning to write about Bear since Wednesday and didn't copy!  I swear!