Monday, December 6, 2010

Sunday Funday

I woke up Sunday feeling worse than ever.  Yes, my eyes have cleared up, but whatever virus it was just moved further down.  Now I have a runny nose and cough.  Pleasant!  So Sunday was not off to a great start, and we had lots of activities planned.  I was disappointed, but rolled over and went back to sleep.

And when I woke up again, it was 11:00!  I don't even remember Nate getting out of bed.  Suddenly, I had the pillows all to myself in an empty room, and it was almost time for lunch.  I tip-toed to the shower, so that no one would even know I was awake till the water turned on.  When I got downstairs, Laura was happily playing in her jammies, and Nate was cleaning up from the Great Green Beans War of 2010.  It seems Laura had grabbed an open jar when Nate wasn't looking and starting flingy green goop all over the room.  This is why Mommy feed Laura in a high chair. 

But how could I complain?  The man had snuck downstairs with Laura to give me extra time to sleep in!  Score!  So we finally started our day.  And just as I was about to say, "Y'know, let's skip Santa this weekend," Nate tossed Laura in the tub and told me to get her Santa outfit ready.  Ok!

So Laura met Santa.

 And we didn't have any tears!  We got to the little historical society just as Santa arrived, so there wasn't a line.  We let Laura "walk" up to Santa on her own, and the slow approach helped her check out the situation.  Santa asked if Laura wanted teeth for Christmas.  I told him we have plenty of those already!

After meeting Santa, we took Laura in the freezing, blustery wind to pick out a tree.  Laura thinks we are nuts bringing a tree inside the house, but what does she know?  She's only a baby!
So what started off as a not-great Sunday turned into one of the best Sundays in months!