Monday, December 20, 2010

I got Nated

My husband likes to stay up late talking after a night of partying and drinking.  When I say stay up late, I mean he likes to watch the sunrise with whichever poor soul didn't pass out soon enough.  My husband can talk.  And at 4 o'clock in the morning, he is philosophical to the max.

I usually make sure I'm the first to bed.  I need my beauty rest.

This weekend, we hosted our annual Christmas party for friends and family.  We didn't have the best turn out this year, but it was just as fun as ever.  Somehow, I ignored my better judgement and stayed up later than usual.  There were five of us lounging in the kitchen drinking punch.  Then there were four of us.  Then three.  And then, all of a sudden, it was just me and Nate.  Uh oh.  It was already 3 o'clock in the morning.  Double uh oh!  There were some dishes here, and some punch to put away there.  And there were crumbs on a tablecloth that needed shaking, so I walked into the dining room. 

That's when Nate came up behind me, wrapped her arms around my waist and spun me around.  He held me close and swayed with the Christmas music in the background.  We danced and swayed and rocked and danced in each other's arms.  I have never felt so close to Nate.  Then we curled up in the big arm chair and sat up talking.  I don't even remember what we were talking about.  I do remember how much I enjoyed cuddling into Nate's side as he held me till 5 o'clock in the morning.  I can't imagine a better way to have ended the night.  Maybe I need to stay up with my chatty husband more often!