Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's like MadLibs for Resolutions!

I was being a dutiful blogger today, reading all of your recent posts and catching up.  I love what all of you have to say in reflecting on 2010, Christmas, New Year's, and goals for 2011.  2011 is OUR YEAR, right?  RIGHT!  I have really loved all the posts, really.  But one post just really struck me as awesome. 

Kristy at Pampers and Pinot has decided to use adjectives to shape her 2011 New Year's resolutions rather than specific goals.  Think about it: adjectives are so loose and descriptive.  You can pick an adjective and go anywhere you want with it.  Who cares if you read 5 books, or bake 10 pies.  Does it make you feel good to read or bake?  Great!  Do it!  So Kristy, thank you for your idea.  Here are my adjectives:

Sexy:  I know my husband is attracted to me, and that's great.  But I feel pretty frumpy right now.  Nothing fits the way it should.  I'm always sucking in.  When I am not sucking in, I look like a pregnant whale.  My legs?  Are still eff-ing fantastic.  But my stomach?  Lumpy and weird.  Do I look ok?  Sure.  But I want to look HOT.  Which is why I'll be going to the gym this week.  For reals.

Confident:  I'm totally stealing this one from Kristy.  But lately I have been feeling like a terrible mother.  I even had an episode where I was that bitchy mom whose child is a perfect, adorable, precocious angel and your child is a boring, ugly lump of a thing.  My child could do no wrong, even though she was actually being a bully and terrorizing the other child (who, to be fair, is a month older than mine and a whole lot bigger - she could have totally defended herself).  When I realized what a bitch I had been, I felt terrible and started questioning my ability to parent.  I hate questioning myself.  So I'm going to just accept that I am the only mother I know how to be, Laura adores me, and that's just fine. 

Thrifty:  Because I have a shopping problem.  I love spending money.  I don't even care what I am spending money on.  I just get a thrill from swiping that little plastic square or punching in that magic string of numbers.  I need to curb my spending.  Life is expensive enough as it is without frivolous purchases.  On the other hand, I really and truly needed the Dooney & Bourke purse I bought at T.J. Maxx the other day.  Mine is green and I love it!

Boy, these adjective goals might be more difficult than I thought!