Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Party Foul

Laura turns one in just under three weeks.  While I said all along that I wasn't going to have one of those huge first birthday parties, I did want to invite our immediate families and closest friends over to celebrate our year with Laura.

So today I counted up how many invitations I would have to send to individual households, and came up with 17.  Which means we're inviting something like 25 people to watch a baby get covered in cake.  I also realized that I needed to order some invitations, and fast!

I thank you, Tiny Prints, for offering such cute designs with such quick shipping.  But I do not thank you, Tiny Prints, for costing more than I originally intended for these invitations (and rush shipping, since I'm a little behind at this point)!  I am also realizing that whether I intended it or not, Laura's first birthday is going to be a larger affair than I realized.

I'm sure she'll be adorable mushing cake all over her face.  But I am adament on limiting the mess.  My mom and I are making cupcakes.  Laura will get one, normal size cupcake, and it will look just like the other 23 we bake.  We are celebrating one whole year of life here, not a one short day!

And please, no presents!