Monday, January 3, 2011

My Own Domain

During my blogging career, I have read a number of posts discussing "How to make your blog more awesomer!" and usually they aren't that helpful.  I mean, the writers of these posts have wonderful intentions, and I appreciate their enthusiasm, but their hints just aren't what I am looking for. 

I recently read a similar post on Scary Mommy.  I almost didn't read it, because I am a snob.  But I sucked it up and read it anyway.  I am so glad I did.  Scary Mommy didn't tell me to get a pretty background (done), or add pages and buttons (done, sorta).  It didn't tell me to Comment!  A lot!  (I try).  But it did give some fairly common sense advice.  Advice that I have largely ignored to date.  Like getting my own domain name.

Inspired by Scary Mommy, I have decided to step up my blogging in 2011.  I just bought my own domain name.  From now on, you can follow all the thrilling antics of the MidAtlantics at www.mrsmidatlantic.com!  I feel like such a big girl.