Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Somebody Get Me a Cape!

Because I'm Super Mom!

It's the first week of the new year, so my adreniline is all pumping with goals and ideas and I CAN DO THIS enthusiasm, so please forgive me when I give the cape back next week.  But in the meantime, I am wearing my cape with pride!

Yesterday, I made a grocery list.  I went grocery shopping.  I stuck to the list.  I still spent a ton, but it's all stuff we can eat for dinner and lunch all week.  I got home and put away the groceries.  I made dinner.  I ate dinner.  I helped Laura eat dinner.  I put Laura to bed.  I made dinner for tonight.  I washed all the dishes.  I washed 10 baby bottles (those things can pile up if you're not careful).  I folded all the laundry.  I packed Laura's lunch for today.  I packed my lunch for today.  I picked out outfits for me and Laura to wear.  I packed my gym bag.  I went to bed at 10:30.

This morning, I got out of bed when my alarm went off.  I hauled myself downstairs.  I made scrambled eggs and tea.  I left the house by 6:20.  I caught the 6:30 train.  I got to work at 7:15.  I went to the gym.  I cleaned up and got dressed.  I went to work.  I have already dusted and vacuumed an entire, large object in the collection.

It's not even 10:30 in the morning.  The museum has only been open for 30 minutes.  I'm exhausted, but I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.  Let's see how long I can keep this up!