Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Why shouldn't you tell a secret on a farm?

Because the potatoes have eyes and the corn have ears!



I am a sucker for a corny joke.  Get it?!
Sorry, but I couldn't resist a bad joke with this goofy picture of Laura eating corn on the cob for the first time last night!  When I first gave the cob to Laura, she looked at me like I had eight, crazy heads.  What was she supposed to do with it?  So I demonstrated with loud Cookie Monster nom-nom-nom noises and got the cob positioned correctly in Laura's hands.  Laura picked it right up from there!  Complete with loud Cookie Monster nom-nom-nom noises. 

Sometimes I worry about Laura's eating.  That she's not eating enough.  Or she's not eating enough of the "right" things. I worry that her diet isn't balanced at all, unless all those circus animal crackers in her tummy are doing some sort of unseen balancing act in there.  Somedays Laura refuses to eat pretty much anything, and I just have to toss my hands up in the air and call it quits. 

Then there are the days, like last night, where I hear "Moh! Moh!" every five minutes.  Where she eats an entire ear of corn + an entire og og (hot dog) + a whole steamed carrot + an entire snack bag of goldfish, which she earned for being such a good eater at dinner.  Those days astound me - where is all that food fitting in her tiny little body?!  But they also remind me that Laura is a toddler.  She'll eat when she's hungry.  As long as I offer healthy options, Laura will eat what her body needs most.  And no matter what she eats, she's still my tasty little morsel of toddler with that bend at the back of her neck that I bury my face in to kiss every night.