Wednesday, August 3, 2011

You know how weather sometimes reflects your mood?

I wasn't going to have a good day today, no matter what.  Nate and I had a serious conversation about work and money last night that left me feeling more than a little attacked.  Yes, I charged thousands of dollars to a Sallie Mae account to get my degree - and now I owe all those thousands back.  No, I did not get a raise at work for earning my degree.  No, there isn't room for me to get promoted at my current job.  No, a raise isn't at all realistic.  No, I don't have a spare nickel to show for myself at the end of the month.  Yes, I am really freaking worried about this.
I couldn't sleep last night. I was overtired and had a cookie (or three) too close to bedtime.  My skin felt all prickly and odd, like I had a rash or something.  After tossing and turning, I took a Benadryl to help me fall asleep.  I slept fitfully after that, and was not amused when Nate thought he could allay my worries from last night with a little intimacy.

I might have been a little rude.  So now I'm worried, tired, and on the shit-list with the husband.  The original outfit I put on was too tight and gave me a tummy ache of bloat and over-heatedness.  And as I started walking to the train the skies opened, soaking me with rain.  It seems fitting that I should be sitting in a cold, wet, cotton dress at work right now.  It's a dark and stormy day here.  I'm waiting for the rainbow.