Tuesday, November 29, 2011

24 days

Yesterday was a big day.  I got the referral to call the radiology lab to schedule the Anatomy Scan.  The BIG one.  The ultrasound where we can find out just a little bit more about the tiny passenger I carry.

Boy or girl?  I honestly have no idea one way or the other.  And unlike last time, I don't care. 

A second little girl would be so sweet.  A built-in best friend (and nemesis) for Laura.  The sort of sister relationship I always wanted, and only recently found with my 10-years-younger sister.

A boy would round out our family.  One of each.  A younger brother to pester (and secretly protect) the older sister.  A rough and tumbler to counter the girly girl.  My mommy's boy to counter Nate's daddy's girl.

December 22nd.  We'll know.  December 22nd.  It's like my own Advent calendar.  Twenty-four days from now, at 8:30 in the morning.  The anticipation is wonderful.  Just like seeing the Christmas tree on Christmas morning (a mere twenty-seven days from now).  Let the countdown begin!