Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Prego Eats: Mac N Cheese

Feeding myself has been difficult.  Nothing ever sounds remotely tasty.  And the hungrier I am, the harder it is to choose something to eat.  The cafeteria at work is failing me lately; I don't even want their fresh-made grilled cheese.  And at the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is plan dinner for a toddler. 

Laura has been fending for herself lately, which means she's eating a lot of cheese, yogurt and bananas.  To be honest, she's a toddler.  That's probably the extent of her menu, even if I were interested in food.  I wouldn't call her picky... but she definitely has a limited palette.

Last night, she and I were at the grocery store (goosey stoh!), which is one of my least favorite places on earth.  We were there and we needed to find something for dinner. 

We walked past the hot dogs: 
"Lar-lar, should we have hot dogs for dinner?"
"Yes! Mm hmm!"

We walked past the macaroni and cheese:
"Lar-lar, should we also have mac and cheese for dinner?"
"Yes!  Mm hmm!"