Monday, November 28, 2011

And We Ate

What a great Thanksgiving.  I finally got to meet my niece, lovingly nicknamed "Bit" by Laura.  Bit is absolutely adorable in all her fussy two-month-old ways.  I didn't want to stop holding her, she's just so little and baby!  If I weren't already pregnant, I probably would have caught a bad case of baby fever.



Laura got to play with aunts, uncles and trains.  Lots of trains.  My brother hauled out half of our childhood stash of Brio's, and covered the living room floor with an elaborate track set-up.  Laura loved it.



Laura also loved the paper bag turkey filled with popcorn.  Pinterest comes through again.  After gorging on popcorn, Laura slept through Thanksgiving dinner.  Which was a blessing, since she's not her best self at the dinner table.  The rest of us devoured a 14 pound turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (my favorite!), butternut squash lasagna (couldn't bring myself to try that), green bean casserole a la French's, stuffing, corn pudding, and rutabaga, with pumpkin pie, apple pie and homemade ice cream for dessert.  It was a delicious spread.  I'm so glad I didn't have to prepare a single morsel of it!