Friday, February 17, 2012

26 Weeks

 

It's been a few weeks, so I owe you a really bad picture of myself, taken with my iPhone propped up on my desk.  Sorry I couldn't get all of myself in the frame... It was more than a little awkward to take!  27 weeks is on the left, with 20 weeks (for comparison) on the right.  And for reference, you can see (sorta) how I looked at 27 weeks with Laura.  About the same. 

I have no idea how much weight I've gained, but it's getting up there.  I suddenly found myself drawn to cakes and cookies.  Not the healthiest way to eat during pregnancy.  Whatever.  Cake makes me happy, so I'm going with it.

I'm outgrowing my maternity clothes very quickly.  I think it's a combination of my freakishly large boobs pulling my shirts up higher on my waist, and my dryer shrinking everything.  It's really depressing to feel so large, and still have three months to go.  I know I'm going to get bigger, and I just don't feel like having to buy more crappy Old Navy maternity clothes.  Realistically, I was going to have to anyway, since I don't own any Spring-wear.

I'm really, really uncomfortable.  I know this is a pretty common complaint for pregnant women, but whatever.  I'm really uncomfortable.  With Laura, I had some major pelvis pain and a cute little foot shoved up in my ribs.  This time, I'm starting to get the pelvis pain again, which is compounded by severe constipation cramps that feel like full-blown contractions, along with some really strong  Braxton-Hicks contractions.  My doctor assures me that the tightening I'm feeling isn't in the right places to be real contractions, based on my uterus size.  But her assurances don't make me feel much better when I'm doubled over in tears every night. 

Nate has been a saint.  He has been washing all dishes, picking up all toys, and keeping Laura from jumping on me as much as possible.

My mother-in-law has been a saint.  She has been doing all laundry, making all beds, cleaning the bathroom, and letting me sleep in the guest bed (her bed) even when she is staying overnight to watch Laura for us.  Last night, she took Laura out to dinner so I could sit on the couch without moving for a few hours.  I only have "contractions" when I'm standing or walking.  I feel 100% fine when seated. 

Laura has been a saint.  As I collapsed on the couch the other night, she asked "Mommy back hurt?"  Her face was so full of concern and love.  I wanted to cry.  Instead, I scooped her onto my diminishing lap for hugs.  We played a rousing game of cyclops staring.  Nose-to-nose, so close to each other, our eyes begin to merge into one blue ocean.  This game drives Laura CRAZY with laughter!  She pulls away to refocus her eyes, and then throws her head back to mine to link noses again.  We may have had one head-bonk injury involving her forehead to my nose.  It was too hilarious to hurt.  She has just been so good.  And so understanding.

I keep bursting into tears at the most random moments.  I don't know if it's the hormones, the fact that Nate is out of town again, the discomfort, or all of the above.  I know that I would really like to quit my job and spend all day eating Zebra Cakes on the couch, but that's not possible.  I know that after I do burst into tears and sob for no more then 30 seconds, I feel worlds better.  It's as if I am a steam radiator, and I just need a quick release sometimes.  I also know that I would really like to poop like a normal person again.  I think my stomach would actually look less pregnant if only I could poop.  This is the best post ever.