Friday, April 27, 2012

In Comparison

I had my first internal exam today.  Yay.  Just as horribly uncomfortable as I recalled from those with Laura.  But very unlike my pregnancy with Laura, I am already 1cm dilated at 36 weeks.  Not effaced or anything, but still.  The day before my water broke and I delivered Laura, I was 1/2cm dilated and 50% effaced.

However, the day my water broke and I delivered Laura was a full moon.  And you know what they say about a full moon.  (It's that women go into labor and delivery rooms are insanely busy).

So I looked up the dates for upcoming full moons:

May 6th and June 4th.

One of those dates is next week.  NEXT WEEK.  I think I'll spend a little time this weekend gathering a few hospital necessities.  I just have to remember where I hid my nursing bras...