Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Babers

Laura has this creepy doll: Babers.  One of the few dolls Laura has actually named.  An "oh gee thanks..." gift from a school friend for her birthday last year.  I immediately checked her back panel to make sure she was off.  And hoped Laura would never find out she could theoretically turn on.

Then last night Laura wanted to change Babers' diaper.  So she started to undo the velcro on her jumpsuit.  I panicked.

No!  Babers outfit doesn't come off!  She will fall apart if you take that off!  LEAVE IT ON. 
But Mom.  I need to change her diaper!
Well, that outfit stays on.  So you can just pretend to change her diaper.
Mom?  Could Babers sometimes talk?
DON'T BE SILLY.  HOW COULD BABERS TALK?!


So I did what any sane mother would do.  I whisked Babers to the kitchen, attacked her with a philips head, and finally took out her batteries.  Something I should have done ages ago. 

But it seems we have a whole 'nother problem now...

20121031-084512.jpg

Happy Halloween!