Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dream Baby, Dream

Ok, so I have finished my breakfast and now I can tell you my dream.

Last night?  I dreamt I was pregnant.

I went to the doctor because my periods have been weird (that's actually true), and she had me take your "standard" pregnancy test.  Except that because this was a dream, the test was all wonky and weird.  It was a sheet of paper - like 8.5x11 - and I had to unfold certain parts.  Then I had to make sure I got pee across this long strip at the center of the paper.  Once the pee had been successfully applied (NOT an easy task, even in my dream), the paper started to change colors.

Now, I thought I had read the very complicated instructions on this weird pregnancy test pretty carefully.  I thought I had read that orange meant not pregnant, and green was pregnant.  The first test I took came out purple.  Obviously, I did not distribute my pee correctly.  So the doctor gave me another one.  This time, I peed and it immediately turned orange.  I nonchalantly brushed my bright orange paper away as I buttoned my pants and washed my hands.  I took it back to the waiting room where my mom was sitting with Hubby and Laura.  "Not pregnant," I told them.  And I surprised myself by starting to feel a little disappointed.

And then something on the paper caught my eye.  Wait, what does orange mean?  I reread the complicated instructions.  WAIT.  Oranges means I am pregnant?!  What?!  HUBBY!!  PREGNANT!!!

And then I woke up.  I was surprised as my dream self by how much I actually wanted to be pregnant.  And I am still surprised by my waking self by how much I would actually love that dream to be true.  Hubby and I are planners, and we do have a plan for Baby #2, but I find myself almost hoping to speed things along.  May will be here in no time, right?