Tuesday, November 23, 2010

SCRAMBLE!

We're leaving
In an RV!
I hope that
We get home alive.

I have been scrambling the last few nights to get ready for the 10+ hour RV ride with my in-laws tomorrow.  You heard me right!  At least 10 hours in an RV with a 10-month old and 8 in-laws.  I'm embracing the insanity and am trying to roll with it.  Unfortunately, rolling with it is not something I do very well.

To date, here are all of the things I have done to prepare:
+Bought cute outfits for Thanksgiving dinner and bar-hopping (in a freaking party bus)  Friday night
+Found a last-minute dog-sitter for Girly (when our original sitter fell through)
+Baked a pie for said dog-sitter
+Made Chex Mix and taco dip for the 10+ hour RV ride
+Packed Laura's food
+Packed Laura's toys
+Packed my clothes
+Pre-measured Girly's food for the week

Here are all the things I have yet to do:
-Pack Laura's clothes
-Pack games for the grown-ups
-Hide my marbles (so I don't lose them.  You know.  And go crazy)
-Refill the Zoloft prescription (see above)
-Deliver pie to dog-sitter and thank her (again) for filling in so last minute
-Take a deep breath and remind myself that while crazy, that RV will be filled with people who love me and each other.  And that's pretty special.
-Eat turkey.  Lots of turkey.