Thursday, November 11, 2010

Purple Mountains Majesty

Why today makes me happy: American Flag
1) It's a gorgeous day and we are free
2) I'm at work, remembering our heroic veterans
3) No one else is at work, since it is a Federal holiday
4) My cubemates are no where near me
5) It's a day devoted to remembering those who have served:
Grandpa, Grampy, Uncle Roy, Uncle Bud, Uncle Vin, Uncle Bob, and to all our other brave soldiers!

So as I sit at work today, enjoying silence in the cubicle jungle, I am even more able to reflect on our veterans.  I can also bask in the glory of the phenomenal parking space I got at the train station this morning!  Woohoo!

Does this post make me seem shallow?  I hope not.  Because I was truly close with my Uncle Bud, who stormed the beaches at Normandy and never quite recovered.  I'm just celebrating his sacrifice in my own little way.