Saturday, November 20, 2010

Honey-Do Lists

Or rather, Daddy-Do Lists, in my case!

Nate is just not all that handy.  In fact, I think it's hereditary.  Whenever Nate's dad offers to help out with something, I cringe wondering how awful the end result will be.  So I am frankly a little relieved that Nate doesn't try to fix things up around the house.  It's just safer that way. 

But we live in an older house that sometimes needs help.  Here's where my dad comes in.  My dad is incredibly super handy.  I have never seen him take on a challenge that he couldn't master.  Tiling?  He bought a diamond saw.  Back deck?  He is the master of the deck.  You name it, he can fix it!

Which is why my dad is spending his precious weekend at my house, fixing light fixtures, caulking stairs, and refinishing cabinets.  And the best part is he's happy to do it!  I have the best dad ever. 

EVER.