Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Smokin'!

My credit card is on fire today!  I am just swiping it left and right.  Except that I haven't left my desk.  So I'm not really swiping it.  I'm more typing in the numbers over and over.  But you get the idea.

Mom and Dad's Christmas present?  Done.
Laura's (only) Christmas present? Done.  (Don't hate.  She's not even one.  And she has more aunts and uncles than I can count.  And she doesn't need anything.)
Nate's Christmas present?  Not quite done, but that's because we need to get our new TV(!) together.
Godson's Christmas present?  Done.
Brother's Christmas present?  Done.
Brother's-in-law Christmas present?  Not done, but I don't drew his name from the hat yesterday.

Most importantly, however, Christmas cards designed and ordered?  DONE.

You'd think that with the thousands of pictures I have taken of Laura over the last ten months, I could easily find something for our Christmas card.  Not so.  Some of the cutest pictures are months old, and you know how much babies change in a matter of minutes!  And there are very few pictures of all of us as a family.  We finally got some good pictures this weekend.  Next chore?  Choosing a company to make the cards!

I looked through Kodak Gallery.  Nothing caught my eye.  I loved almost everything on Tiny Prints, but really couldn't afford it.  Next stop, Shutterfly.  Good prices and some really cute cards!  I quickly called Nate to make sure he didn't care what the cards looked like and set to work.  I was even able to get pre-printed return address labels to match the card!  Worth every penny to not have to write those out over and over!

I went with "Oh Deer!" this year.  The cheerful colors and whimsical reindeer are so "us."  I love that I could change the written message on the card from "Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas" to something a little less Christmas-specific.  While I LOVE everything about Christmas, many of Nate's clients/friends are Jewish.  We welcome the holiday celebrations of all faiths in our house, and our cards reflect that sentiment.  Got a problem with that?!  Good.  Glad we're clear on that.