Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Holy Tornado Batman!

You may have heard about the CRAZY storm that swept Maryland last night.  Thankfully, I am not in the area that was hit the hardest.  But what a storm!

I was awoken around 1:15 by rain slamming against the windows, and Riesling whining and crying downstairs.  She's not normally afraid of storms, but this storm was not your normal storm.  She started to do her whisper bark thing, and I was afraid she'd start actually barking and wake Laura, so I let her upstairs.  She jumped right up on the bed and snuggled in.

Ten minutes later, as the wind begins to shake the house, Laura starts crying.  I let her cry for a few minutes to see if she'd go back to sleep.  But I caved.  I figured I already had one scaredy-cat in bed with me, why not two? 

So instead of enjoying the whole bed all to myself while Nate is out of town, I spent the wee hours of this morning listening to baby snores and doggy snores.  I'm a little tired this morning, and a little worried that Laura will think that 1am snuggles are legit.  But I love a good storm, and I do love a good snuggle.  All in all?  Last night was pretty great.