Sunday, January 10, 2010

A goal no more

If you'll look to the right --->
You will notice that I added a goal/to-do list. And number one on that list just hit panic mode.

I've had an email from the professor. She needs the paper TODAY. I was going to work on it all day yesterday. But then our friends needed an emergency babysitter. Hubby was out of town, so it was just me, Girly and Baby Jay.

As adorable as the baby is, he would not let me put him down. I got nothing accomplished on the paper until his parents could pick him up at 10:00 last night.

I worked my butt off from 10:00 till 1:00. At that point, my back hurt so much from holding a 4 month old that I couldn't sit at the computer anymore. So I crawled into bed, only to see 3:00 am far to soon. Lulu was hungry, and wasn't going to let me brush her off for sleep. I finally gave in around 4:15 and grabbed a snack downstairs. I swear, some of her kicks were so hard, I actually did worry I was going into labor. (I still don't know: Can you feel them kick during a contraction??) And I even did have at least one closer to real contraction. Blame it on the fatigue and stress.

So here it is, 8:30 am, and I'm sitting back at the computer with a tired back and left arm, attempting to write 9 more pages, format a bibliography, and add citations by this afternoon.

Here are the two silver linings to this situation:
1) I got some great practice with an infant. And OMG they really are needy. Eye opener for sure.
2) Once this paper is handed, Lulu can come whenever she wants. Yes, I have those other goals. But those ones truly are goals! I don't have a grade riding on anything else!