Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hooray!

I'd like to start this post with a big CONGRATULATIONS!!! To Jessica at The Southern Belle Baby. I hear that her beautiful little boy, Knox, arrived this morning. (Thanks to Neck Rolls & Toe Crust for the update!!). I've said all along that Knox would be here before Lulu, and I was right! Lulu is comfy and perfectly happy to stay on the inside for a while longer.

With that, I'd like to give a BIG thanks to my in-laws for throwing me a truly lovely shower this afternoon! At one point, I was slightly concerned that they'd have to have the shower without me, since it was so close to my due date. But since Lulu's obviously not concerned with progressing through the birth canal quite yet, I was happily able to attend.

Hubby's parents, whom I have long known to be incredibly generous and thoughtful, got us both the pack'n'play AND a rocking chair!!! I can't begin to describe how excited I am for these additions to our house. I had been really concerned about a rocking chair - I knew I wanted one, but the Babies R Us near me sucks, and did not have any gliders/chairs for me to try out. I hadn't registered for one, and hadn't come close to finding one I like. My in-laws tried out several chairs on my behalf, and found one that is amazingly comfy!! I sat in it during the whole shower, and haven't been so comfy in weeks.

So whenever you're ready, Lulu. Anytime now.