Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pumpkins

I was thinking to myself last night, "Only 7 more days of work till I turn into a pumpkin!" And then I looked down at my swollen feet and enormous tummy and realized I already am a pumpkin.

I'm excited to be so close to the end. I can't wait to meet my little girl. And... I can't wait for the swelling in my ankles and hands to go down. Maybe I shouldn't complain too much; I made it 37 weeks and 1 day before I had to give up on the wedding rings and wear them as a necklace instead. That's pretty good, right?

And in other news - 7 more days of work! I have almost everything wrapped up. The few things I might work on from home are packed and ready to come home with me tonight. I just need to scrub down my desk (you should see the dust bunnies!), and then I'll feel ready to leave my happy cubicle for 12 weeks.

12 weeks! I know it won't be any vacation. But seriously, 12 weeks just for me to spend time with my little family! I really am a lucky girl.