Wednesday, January 6, 2010

So Many Questions!

I suddenly realized that I have a lot of questions about labor... and here I was thinking I was pretty well informed! If there are any labor-experienced moms out there, please let me know if you can answer any of these!

Are babies unusually active right before labor? (like, OMG when did she start doing back handsprings in there?! What did I eat? What's going on???)

Do babies get unusually quiet before labor? I realize this is the opposite of above (which is what I'm going through), but you never know.

Does the baby kick and punch during labor? Will I feel her, or just the contractions?

Do contractions have to be crampy, or can they be more pressure-like? (ie, have I had any "real" ones, or am I still on the Braxton-Hicks?)

If I'm particularly nauseous (a current states) with no appetite, does that mean that things will be starting soon?

IS THIS ALL JUST WISHFUL THINKING???

It's funny, I actually need Lulu to stay put for a little longer. I have too much schoolwork to finish before she arrives! Not to mention a few social obligations (which, obviously, are not mandatory, but more just for fun). And that we still need to have the car seats installed in both cars! So much to do... but then, I have some serious senioritis going on (see yesterday's post), and am just done. Done with school. Done with work. Done with all obligations that aren't directly related to my Little Lulu!