Thursday, January 14, 2010

I HATE MILK

I think milk is the yuckiest thing ever. I do love other dairy products - give me ice cream anytime! But milk on its own is the worst. And I have to drink it. Here's why:

1) Lulu apparently adores milk. Whenever we get hungry, my first thought is milkshake, ice cream, or (highly creamed & sugared) Dunkin Donuts (decaf) hazelnut coffee. I guess I am calcium deficient?

2) Milk is good for you, blah blah blah. It makes Hubby happy to see me with milk in hand.

3) Milk helps (a lot) with the reflux. I've suffered from reflux for years - since freshman year of college. And as bad as it's been for me, it's never been this bad! So I swallow my Zantac150 with a glass of milk before bed.

Here are the downsides to all this dairy ingestion:

1) I'm lactose intolerant. Which might explain why I've hated milk since forever. The bloating that goes along with the dairy is just so uncomfortable. And not a help with the reflux.

2) I'm drinking lactose-free milk. Which tastes even worse than regular milk. I seriously have to choke it down!

3) Lactose-free milk is expensive and now we have more milk than a dairyfarm in our fridge. I hope it doesn't start to turn... because I can't even begin to imagine how disgusting lactose-free milk will taste after it's a few days old.

YUCK!!!!