Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Home

Hasn't been as boring as I'd feared! Granted, I'm actually at work this afternoon... but only because we had a going away party for a beloved staff member at lunch. Will commute for pizza!

I didn't do much on Monday. I guess the first day home alone you just kind of need to be a blob. I watched three movies (including Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure), napped, and went to yoga. Otherwise, my grand plans of knocking things off the to-do list went out the window.

Yesterday was different. I got up, took a shower, blow-dried my hair, put on non-sweatpant clothes, and got busy. First, I cleaned the bathroom. A loathsome tast. Next, I put together a grocery list. Then I vacuumed the car. That's right! We're ready for carseat installation! I went straight from vacuuming the car to the grocery store. I even brought my purse and shopping list with me when I started vacuuming so that I wouldn't go back in the house and find some excuse to not go.

After groceries, I threw on an apron and started cooking! I made dinner for last night, with enough leftover to freeze for a later date, AND I pre-cooked dinner for tonight. Stew is always better the second day, so it's in the fridge now ready to go back on the stove for dinner. Woohoo!

And like I said, I headed into work today. I got to sleep in, which was delightful. Took my time getting dressed. Watched a little daytime TV (it's terrible people.). And headed down to work. I got here just in time for lunch, and plan on staying till about 4. I'll have just enough time to finish up a few little things that I forgot to do last week!

So, only two more days left in my first week home. I might not be such a basket case by Friday night afterall. That said, Lulu is welcome to make her appearance ANY TIME NOW!!