Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bloody Weekend

It was a bloody weekend.  Like, every member of my little family bled heavily during some portion of the weekend.  We were all in different places, which makes the pints of blood lost even more impressive. 

Nate was last.  His involved a punch to the nose.  Noses bleed, quite a bit.  Nothing broken, no dignity lost, but bloody nonetheless.  Nate's just lucky his sore nose isn't outwardly visible to any potential clients he might be meeting this week.

Laura was the saddest.  Any blood spillage for a one-year-old is sad.  She was so excited to see her dog cousins at Grandma and Grandpa's house on Saturday morning, she completely bit it.  She has three little scabs covering what must have been a very bloody affair.  I tell ya, I leave my kid with the grandparents for one weekend and she comes home all scabby!

My incident was the bloodiest.  And also the kick-off event of the weekend.  In my last post, I mentioned I was heading up to the Finger Lakes in New York State for a weekend of wine tasting for my sister-in-law's bachelorette party.  We all arrived late Thursday night, and started our weekend adventure at the house we had rented Friday morning.  There was a hot tub and a lot of booze.  I really enjoyed the hot tub.  I was in there for hours.  Completely pruned, but loving the hot tub on the shore of the lake.  What a view! 

Gorgeous Seneca Lake
Well, I really enjoyed that hot tub.  And I really enjoyed that booze.  So much so, that my inner-ballerina came out in full force.  And believe it our not, I was completely injury free for all my leg extensions and pirouettes IN the hot tub.  And then I decided to get out (probably to get more booze?) and my foot slipped.  I wasn't even doing anything stupid!  But my foot slipped, and I landed chin first on the side of the hot tub.


Five Stitches!
And that was the end of my evening.  One of the girls (pregnant, thus sober) drove me to the ER, while another girl kept me somewhat calm in the back.  I received my first ever stitches - five - right on the bottom of my chin.  My chin hurts, for sure.  But no matter how black and blue my chin is, it's not nearly as bruised as my ego.

But, it was a great weekend.  Stitches and all.  My sister-in-law has some really great friends.  Truly, it was a great bachelorette party - and I know it will be an even better wedding and marriage.