Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Girly-Girl

Nate is so disappointed.  We have a very, very girly-girl.  He was so hoping for a tomboy.  A little girl who would prefer to get her knees muddy outside while playing football.  A little girl who would prefer hiking and discovering worms and frogs.  What he got was a little girl who adores her dolls, tea sets and purses.  Laura loves her purses.


















Laura seriously has a thing for purses.  She has stolen at least four of mine, and she has her eye on my Dooney, the little minx!  Most of what she has stolen thus far are little handbags that my grandmother made for me, so I'm fine with sharing.  But Laura will take anything that could possibly be considered a bag, and tote her toys around.  No basket, tote bag, or shape sorter container is safe. They can all be used at any given time as a fashionable purse. I once saw Laura with five purses and a basket draped over her little arms. I'm not even how she managed it, since she dropped most of them before I could whip out the camera!



















The best though?  I came downstairs last night after putting Laura to bed and noticed something funny about her bear.  She seemed to be ready for some shopping!  I am so impressed by Laura's creativity - and dexterity!  Laura is just too cute. 



















Seriously, can she stay this cute forever?