Thursday, April 7, 2011

Social Media

Ok, so I could use some help.  Or advice.  Or an explanation.  Or something.

There are many aspects of social media that I get.  I love Facebook for the ability to share pictures with my friends and family, and for chatting with my mom, and for Scrabble.  I love Blogger clearly.  I get flickr and photobucket, even if I don't personally use them.  I like reading reviews of places on Yelp.  I am a huge fan of UrbanSpoon - both the website and their iPhone app.  YouTube, sure, I'll watch some silly videos - I'll even post one or two for my family.

I have a Twitter account, but let's face it: I suck at Twitter.  I am not using it to it's full potential because, well, because I don't know how.  I can't spend so much time on there to make friends and get involved (except for #WineParty).  And I just don't know how to make use of it.

I don't get Digg, or StumbleUpon.  I don't even know what del.icio.us or Reddit are. Seriously.  What are these things?! 

I want to make use of social media.  I want to spread the "Mrs. MidAtlantic" brand (if I even have one!) to raise my visitorship.  I know I need social media (and probably Twitter) to do this, but I seriously don't know how.

Does anyone out there understand social media?  Please throw me a bone here!
@mrsmidatlantic - if I can figure it out!